Get ready for something sweet! AndroidTM 5.0, Lollipop is officially here for some of our Motorola devices!
We’ve started to roll out Lollipop in phases just a week after the public release of the software to the following devices in the US:
- Moto X (2nd Gen.) Pure Edition
- Moto G (2nd Gen.) US GSM
- Moto G (2nd Gen.) Global GSM retail versions sold in the US
The most ambitious release yet, Lollipop brings a number of tasty enhancements, including:
- A new look and feel. Google brings its all-new Material Design to life with a bold, new visual style. The new user interface is designed to enable better, more natural touch screen interactions and introduces vivid new colors, typography, and edge-to-edge imagery to make using your phone more fluid.
- Your device, your rules. Catch up with notifications on your lock screen and even dismiss them without unlocking. New “Downtime” and “Interruption” settings also allow you to decide what people and what notifications get through at times that you choose.
- Share your device. You know that moment when your kid plays with your phone or a friend needs to borrow it? Use “Guest” mode or another account you’ve set up to share your device. You can also pin a view to limit the user to a particular application.
- Let there be light. Shine a light by using the new flashlight in Quick Settings. Just swipe down with two fingers from the status bar to see it.
- Battery saver. The Battery settings panel now shows an estimated projection for how much time you have left even while you’re charging. You can also enable a new battery saver mode that will save power by reducing performance and most background data operations to extend your battery life.